I know I'm a huge slacker. But I haven't had anything really remarkable or profound to say, so I just haven't said anything. But today I want to take a few minutes to talk about Caleb. He is 5 years old, and Monday night was his preschool graduation. Caleb is really smart--he reads as well as a first-grader... I don't know where he learned, because I haven't done anything besides read to him and encourage him to read. In school they have done some reading, but not everyone in the class reads as well as he does, so I don't know. I have a friend who is a school teacher, and she told me that 1/3 of kids will learn to read regardless of what you teach; you could teach them wrong and they would still get it right. Interesting statistic. Anyway, back to Caleb.
Caleb is nearly always happy, and very optimistic. A few weeks ago he went to a birthday party. He'd gotten the birthday boy a small present. Some of the other kids got him these big expensive things, but he didn't care--he said, "But he sure liked my present the best!" It was really great. At school he got an award for his JOY because he's always so happy.
Our buddy loves doing extra projects to earn money for a book he wants to buy. This sometimes creates extra work for me, but sometimes it saves me time (like when he folds towels). He loves spending time with Dad, and is looking forward to going fishing. When Caleb grows up he wants to be a "hospital man." We aren't sure exactly what that is, because its not a doctor. It might be a combination doctor, EMT, life-flight pilot, hospital administrator (because he always talks about going to meetings).
Caleb also loves Primary and Family Home Evening. He is so excited to get baptized when he is 8; his self-portrait at the end of the school year was of him getting baptized. We are very proud of him and love having him in our family.
1 comment:
Your kids are so big!!!! What cuties. (This is Christmas, by the way) Our oldest daughter wants to be a hospital girl, so we'll have to get them together. I have a blog, too, its www.thedayafterchristmas.blogspot.com
Post a Comment