Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our craziness.

Things have been crazy here the last couple weeks. I have so many things I want to talk about, but I'll just give a quick update and a few highlights.

**We got 2 kittens. Fuzzy and Rascal. Black and white and very cute. But one week later we had a tragic accident, lots of tears, and a kitty funeral. We now only have one left, Rascal. He/She is cute and feisty and has to go to the vet tomorrow, where we will find out the gender, decide when to neuter/spay, decide whether to declaw, and potentially get shots. I've never had a pet before--not even a goldfish--so this is a first for me.

**Claire had her 9 month check-up and is still long and skinny. She's crawling on all fours now and a 5th tooth popped thru today. We have been calling her Hurricane Claire because she destroys everything in her path. But she is also very cute and happy and fun.

**Natalie had her 4th birthday.... It was the longest birthday ever because we had cupcakes at school on Thursday, her real birthday, but had cake and ice cream with Grandmas and Grandpas on Friday. She was really fun and she is very spoiled. I decorated her cake with Disney Fairies. Pictures will come as soon as I find the connection cord.

**Caleb is doing awesome in school. He's on the 99th percentile for reading, compared with the state (those tests are so lame) but considering he reads like a Third grader this wasn't a surprise. He reads anything he can get his hands on. He's currently working his way thru the boy scout manual. Any suggestions on other reading material is welcome. But he does get tired of it and anxiously looks forward to Saturdays--days off!

**Chad has been sick with a cold of some kind. Not fun. A couple weeks ago he spent 18 hours with the youth in our ward on a trip to the temple. They drove a bus up to Billings and they had bus problems and were gone ALL day. But it was actually a really great experience for a lot of people. The youth in our ward are so great!

**My parents, and 2 of my sisters came over for a visit this past weekend. It was so AWESOME to see them. I took for granted the time I had when they were so close and I wish SO SO SO SO much they were closer. Hopefully someday we'll get back that direction. Thanks again for coming over.

**General Conference was amazing. So many good things were said I can't begin to choose my favorite talk. I'm excited to read everything when the new Ensign comes out.

So there's an update on our craziness. Pictures to follow

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

So sorry about the cat tragedy, that's why we don't have pets. :)

KT said...

dude, do you know how many cats we lost growing up. Sometimes we just named them "roadkill". Good thing cats are a renewable resource.

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."