Thursday, May 14, 2009

Easter

I know, I know. Easter was over a month ago. But at least I'm doing something now, right?

For the first time, I actually colored eggs. The kids had lots of fun. We did less sugar in the baskets this year and gave a little present to each of the kids instead.

This year I decided to go all Martha Stewart and make dresses for the girls. This actually wasn't too difficult because Natalie's was half made already. (I had started making it a year ago but ran in to problems, got frustrated, threw it in the bag in a drawer, you know how it goes, right?) My mom helped me work thru the trouble, and a couple weeks later I sewed on the sleeves and was done. Claire's was a relatively simple pattern. I even made the matching bloomers--they were SUPER EASY! The fabric of their dresses isn't the same since Natalie's was bought over a year ago, but they are both pinkish flowersSo here are some pictures.


P.S. For the record: it is practically impossible to get all 3 of these kids smiling nicely and holding still at the same time. Even one at a time!

1 comment:

Karianne said...

So cute. The dresses look great. You are braver than I am. Maybe I'll make a blessing dress for Baby-No-Name. Hmmm.

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."