Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Craziness update thru May

Seriously, it has been a very long time since I last posted. We've been busy, and I just haven't taken the time to write my own post. But I have still been checking other people's, so I know what you've been up to even if you don't know what I've been up to. So I'll fill you in on a few highlights.

In March we were at Chad's parents for dinner, and Chad's cousin Tiff brought her family down to say hi. Her girls and our girls were wearing matching dresses. Cute pictures!







In April I got my wisdom teeth out. I layed around for a day, mostly because I had an excuse to, but really I was fine. Not as bad as I had anticipated. And no swelling.

One day toward the end of April we got a call from the stake executive secretary. The Stake President wanted to meet with Chad, and I could come along as well. At first we thought, "Oh, well this is just so that Chad can be released as executive secretary." He's had that calling for 2 years, but in March was called as ward mission leader, which was a complete surprise, so he had been doing double duty for a few weeks. Then we started thinking but the stake president doesn't usually release executive secretaries. So we spent an anxious day, although I was pretty certain what it was for. He was called to serve as the first counselor in our new bishopric. He was sustained, ordained to be a high priest, and set apart on May 3rd. And since then he's been doing TRIPLE duty. About 3 weeks ago he was conducting sacrament meeting and actually released himself as ward mission leader before sustaining the new one. And the following week he was released as executive secretary. So FINALLY he is down to only one calling. PHEW! Its been awesome to see him grow into the calling, even in such a short time. Oh, and thanks Mom and Dad for coming over for the quick trip and taking part in the day with us.

May was busy. Caleb had track day. He ran in the first race of the day and won! It was so funny! They blew the whistle and he flew down the track. He was so pleased. Sadly, I had forgotten my camera. His second race he came in 4th (out of 4), but thats okay. It was fun.

Natalie had a "dance recital." I put that in "quotes" because it was kinda ridiculous. The teacher liked dancing a whole lot more than she like pre-schoolers. She didn't really know how to handle some of the live-wires in the class. Chad made it to one day of the practice, and his comment was that it was like "herding cats." But she had fun and she looked really cute in her costume. She is kindof a diva. Several parents had taking flowers for their girls, and she was devastated she didn't get any so I took her to the store afterwards and she insisted on getting a whole dozen, and they had to be pink because "thats whats in weddings."

Mother's day was awesome. Chad got me some of those Willow Tree figurines. They have a newer line that is little kids, so he got me one for each of the kids and one of a couple. I love them. Thanks to all the moms, sisters, friends and other great examples of Womanhood in my life.

Natalie had a program for the end of preschool. It was fun, but kinda lame. When I did the preschool co-op for Caleb I didn't really enjoy it. Probably because we were moving and then I was pregnant, but I just never really got into the groove. But I did enjoy this group with Natalie a little more. Here is a picture of her "graduation."













Over Memorial Day weekend we went to Cheyenne and participated in the Comin Memorial Day Festivities. This entails driving to about 6 different cemetaries, visiting I-don't-know-how-many graves, and creating great memories with extended family. It also means a family reunion picnic and Ft. Collins City Park. Which means a train ride for the kids. This time Chad got to ride and I got to take pictures. Fun times. On our way down there was this incredible rainbow... very vibrant and it was full--double--all the way across the sky.































There was a big huge fun picnic at the end of the school year at Caleb's school. Their principal resigned, effective the end of the year, and the new principal was at the picnic. They had a dunk booth, and at the end of the day they dunked the old principal and the new principal. It was great. For any Casper-ites, the new principal is Coach Larsen fro CY Jr. High and NCHS.

Thats an update for May. I've got to go get laundry started. I'll try to be on top of things and get fully updated this week.

1 comment:

thesearlesociety said...

Nice to find out a little about what you guys are up to. Hope all is well!

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."