Friday, September 12, 2008

Imaginary Friends

For quite some time now, Natalie has had a couple of imaginary friends. Their names are Jisa (rhymes with Lisa) and Alena. Depending on the day, these two girls' ages vary, but she plays with the often. Today they "came over to play." Natalie brought them into the bathroom where I was fixing my hair, and fully expected me to have a conversation with them. This was a first for me. Talking on the telephone with them isn't too difficult, but having a conversation with imaginary friends who are supposed to be in the room with me.... its tough. (Right now she is asking me what their favorite game is... I'm afraid I have no idea.)

Sometimes Caleb decides to steal these imaginary friends. He tells Natalie that they want to play with him. He calls them on the phone and talks to them. I think he's even talked about marrying one of them.

This is a new thing for me... I never had an imaginary friend, and neither did Chad. Neither did Caleb until he had to come up with a couple friends to equal Natalie's friends. His friends are named Jakes and Caco (rhymes with Paco). I think its funny. These friends keep them entertained sometimes for hours. I'm all in favor of cheap thrills.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I had and LOVED my imaginary friends. I think all kids deserve them. I am sorry you never had any, because they ALWAYS played the games I wanted to play. It was AWESOME!

Mrs. Doctor said...

Our oldest had one with his same name. It took us a while to figure out that he had an imaginary friend, we thought he just talked in third person. :) Anytime he got in trouble he always said it was the friends idea.

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."