Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to me, part 1

So a couple weeks ago I was attempting to tackle my piles of laundry. I was actually making progress. ... I was down to my last batch. I went in to the laundry room to change the batch and realized there was water standing in the bottom of the washer. It had quit in the middle of the cycle. Oh dear. I called my mom... she told me to see if I could at least get it to spin the water out. I could, so I went ahead and dried it. Then I told Chad I had a great idea of what to do for date night... go shopping for a new washer! Yea!! So fun.

I spent the next several hours looking on-line at information on washing machines. I narrowed it down to a GE something-or-other. We dropped the kids at a friend's house for a couple hours, with a bargain that we'd bring pizza back for dinner. Then we went to 2 stores. I didn't get the GE something-or-other. I ended up getting a Samsung something-or-other. I LOVE it! It is faster and cleans better than my old one. And it spins the water out better, cutting down the drying time. We are going to get the dryer in a few months because my old dryer is still functioning.

So this isn't exactly what I was hoping to get for my birthday, but, as it turns out, I love it. Oh, and Claire loves it too. Last night she discovered that she can open it and put her baby's clothes in it, and push all kinds of buttons and it will make all kinds of exciting beeps. So Chad went ahead and turned on the "child lock" feature. (I hope I can figure out how to turn that off when I do my laundry today.)

1 comment:

Leisa said...

Yippee! you know you're grown up when a new washer is super exciting!! Congrats on the edition

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."