Wednesday, December 16, 2009

3 weeks later, Happy Birthday to me part 2

I am 30 years old. I am officially middle-aged. Ok not exactly but I may as well be! When you are 20 you are still almost a teenager. At 25 you are in your early 20s which is still almost a teenager. At 27 you are looming closer to 30, but still only in you 20s which is almost a teenager. But at 30 you are, well 30.
I had a good birthday. I honestly didn't think I was going to get anything on my actual birthday (see previous post) but Chad surprised me with some kitchen stuff I have been wanting.

I guess I should be okay with this milestone. I do have 3 fabulous children, with a 4th one the way (I may have failed to mention this before... I'm pregnant. 18 weeks. Don't know the gender yet but OF COURSE we will find out.) I have a house in the suburbs and drive a suburban. My husband has a career. I get to stay home and be a mom. These are all great things. But 30 is such a big number! But at least I'm not 40.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the 30 club. you are old, get used to it.

Goodwin Family said...

Congrats on the new baby coming! That's way exciting! And Happy Late late birthday! :)

thesearlesociety said...

I have one more year before I join you in the 30 club and it makes me sad to think about being 30 too! Congrats on the new baby. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."