Here is a picture of the kids on the first day of school.
I know it was like 6 weeks ago. I'm a little behind. But anyway, it has been funny to see the differences betweeen Caleb and Natalie. For example: At the school our kids attend they have a certain number of tickets each day and if they get one taken away it is kind-of like when we used to have our names written on the board--just a warning. Then as you get more taken away there are more serious consequences, like 5 minutes of recess lost or an entire recess lost, etc. So the first time Caleb got a ticket taken away in Kindergarten it was utter devestation. I'm talking, he was in tears. The first time Natalie got a ticket taken away, Chad was talking with her about it. He said, "What does one ticket mean?" And she sang "It means NOTHING!!" (Seriously, she sang it. That girl sings everything, often opera style. Sunday morning she sang The Star Spangled Banner, opera style, for 2 HOURS!!)
I don't remember how long it took for Caleb to get the whole "do-your-homework, put-it-in-your-folder, folder-in backpack, backpack-by-the door-for-tomorrow" routine, but Natalie doesn't see the benefit because I have to remind her every day. I think she is a little too much like her mom that way--very scatter-brained. She makes us want to laugh sometimes. Other times she makes me want to scream.
Nat is loving Kindergarten. Friday we are going to go eat lunch with her since her birthday is Saturday, and she is the Star of the Week this week, so we'll also be spending some time in her class. It'll be fun to see her in that setting. She is still taking violin lessons and has started learning to read music. She is also in ballet, which she loves.
Caleb is doing awesome in second grade. We got a paper yesterday telling us they are considering him for the "Enrichment" program, which is like G.T. was for us. We kindof explained it to him and he is excited about that possibility. None of his good friends from previous years are in his class this year, which has created some challenges for him socially, but he seems to be doing better. He is still taking piano lessons and is excited for his upcoming recital in which he will get to play a duet with his friend Kaden. We are almost done with another season of fall soccer.
I think I will share news of the other two for another post.
3 comments:
caleb is totally a mini-chad.
natalie is hilarious.
On a completely different note, the white text on dark blue is a little hard on the eyes.
Cute kids! I love the main pic on the blog!
We changed our blog address to jklind.blogspot.com
You may want to change your link or bookmark if you have one.s
Post a Comment