Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Junk Food and Exercise

My friend brought me some cookies yesterday. They are very tastey. Natalie particularly enjoys them. Caleb told her today, as she took a cookie off of the plate, "Natalie, those are junk food." She replied, "No they aren't." Then, looking at me, she said, "Mom, are cookies junk?" I said, "Yes, they really are." And she said, "Can I eat some junk?"

My kids have, unfortunately, inherited my love of junk food. I love cookies, cake, ice cream, chocolate, candy, chips. Last night I had a delicious piece of raspberry cheesecake. I can not describe how delicious it really was.

I am really looking forward to the warmer weather because I am excited to start exercising. I am going to walk around the neighborhood pushing a stroller. I also am going to plan to drive to the river and walk along the pathway a couple times a week, just for a change of scenery. Then I won't feel so guilty about eating the junk food.

No comments:

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."