Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's been going on.

Well I haven't really posted anything new for almost 2 weeks. I've been busy, but I can't say that I have really done too much. Last weekend my sister Erin and her family came to visit me. It was really fun to see them, and I love having company. If anyone has the urge to drive to the middle of Wyoming, you are welcome to stay with us. We had a good visit, and hopefully if was worth their time and effort, because we sure had fun.

Caleb got new teeth yesterday. Well, not really but pretty close. He's fortunate to have inherited my teeth--as in they get cavities really easily. Two years ago he had several cavities filled; at that time the dentist put something on the tops of the teeth that would supposedly help with future cavities. Well it didn't work for Caleb. Seven of his eight molars has silver caps on them, and his two front ones also have caps, although they have the white instead thankfully. It was quite an ordeal.... in order to save him the trauma of having to go to the dentist on 3 separate occasions, we took him to the surgical center, where a doctor put him under general anesthesia, and they did it all at once. When we first got there they gave him some sort of drug to help him relax. And relax he did. He just got goofy--it was hysterical. He kept telling every person that came in the room about how he had to miss school to go to the dentist. He was totally okay with everything else--he just hated having to miss school. At one point one of the nurses told him that he was going to get to ride in the wheel chair, then she walked out of the room. He said, "Ooh, goody, I get to ride in a wheelchair!" Then he paused, and, with an inquisitive look on his face, asked, "Whats a wheelchair?!" It made us laugh. He's pretty goofy as it is, then give him this drug and he gets even goofier.

Natalie, meanwhile, has regressed with her potty-trainedness. She has NOT been doing well in that category lately, and its getting to be quite frustrating. It ads so much more laundry. So I'm going to make up a chart for her, with a promised reward when it is full. But I still have to decide what the requirement is going to be, and what the reward is going to be. The other day at Target she was admiring a Princess swimming suit, so I may use that.

Claire has been spitting up more the last few days and I think its because she doesn't like it when I eat Hot Tamales (the candy not the Mexican Food). So I guess I'd better give those up and see if she does better. (Sigh) okay fine.

Finally for tonight: I love love love love love the show NCIS and last night was pretty much one of the best episodes EVER. So for you fellow fans... which of the 7 main characters is going to be leaving before the end of the season? Why do you think this? I think its going to be Jenny Shephard because for any of the others to leave it would totally mess up the dynamics of the show and its so great right now.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough, so I'd better go for tonite.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i took alex to the dentist and she said that he didn't have any cavities, thank goodness.

there is this thing online called the "potty watch." you can set it for every 30, 60, or 90 minutes to go off. it plays a little song and reminds the kid to go potty. the watch even looks like a potty. there is a gal in my ward that got one for her little girl, and she loved it. i think it's $10. http://www.pottytimeinc.com.

we also love NCIS. i would like it if jenny left but i think they are gearing up to get rid of tony. sigh.

Sam and Jill Family said...

I didn't know that you had a blog Teri. I love blogs. It is such a great way to know what is going on in other friends and families lives. Sounds like you are good. I will add you as one of the many blogs I need to check. You have three beautiful kids!! Jill

Romney Family said...

Teri~ hey thanks for the comment on my blog. Just like Jill said I love blogs. It is such and easy way to keep in touch with old friends and family memebers that live far away. Your kids are so cute!! I didn't know you had 3!! Anyway I look forward to reading and stalking your blog!! Jessie

Anonymous said...

they better not get rid of tony on ncis! i think i might have to stop watching it. i think they are messing with everyone- next week, tony is in danger; the week after, ziva is chasing a mass murderer. i think they will just build up the suspense and then do it in the season finale.

The Perry's said...

Hey, I saw your comment. I didn't know you had a bolg either. How has everything been? Claeb's story about the wheelchair made me laugh and I'm sorry about the potty training thing. We are going through the same thing here. I get soooooo frusterated!!!!

Elicia said...

Hi Teri! Love your blog!! I'm sorry but I don't have a clue where those girls have run off to. I thought about calling up their mom the other day, but didn't do it...let me know if you find them though!

"... Life can be so sweet on the sunny side of the street."