I'm keeping busy with the kids and YWs responsibilities and keeping house (probably in that order). Its been several months since Chad and I went out on a date together, but we're hoping to get something in sometime in the next couple weeks.
So I never realized how hard it would be to be a YWs leader.... You have to find a balance between being a leader and a friend. You have to decide how much information to give when they ask things like, "How many boys have you kissed?" You have to know what issues to push. You have to know what expectations to establish when you know those expectations aren't being made at home. Its tough.
There used to be something else written here but I decided to take it off. Thanks to those who commented, sorry to those who missed it and can't figure out what the comments are referring too. Lets just say that its hard to know when to try to correct inappropriate behavior and when to let people "govern themselves." And YW are so sensitive and dramatic... its tough.
4 comments:
I am in YW also (my third time) and I have had similar situations. Someone needs to set the standards, and if the kids at home aren't getting it, it needs to be done at church. YW should come MODESTLY dressed. We have started keeping a big ugly T-shirt in the YW closet at church. If the girls come in anything questionable, they know they have to wear the shirt. It really keeps them modest at activities. Good luck!!!
I am in the same boat. It is tough to know what to say and/or what to do. I think you did the right thing. Her parents are CHOOSING to be offended and upset. I am sure that you are an awesome leader!
Good for you!! I would have done the same thing you did. I think that if she wants to come to church things she should dress appropriately no matter what! Way to stick to your guys and for sharing your testimony and for the scriptural insight!! Your a being a great leader and someone the girls can look up to!!!
Good job Teri. I hate confrontation, too, and that makes it hard to correct someone. This girl needs to know you still love her. If there is anything you can do to go out of your way to pay extra attention to her, or take treats over, or whatever, do it.
Post a Comment